43.5% tax rebate on
clinical trial spend
The Australian Government’s Research and Development Tax Incentive has made Australia a very attractive destination for clinical trials.
Australia offers the world’s most attractive cash benefit to companies with an aggregated turnover of < $20 million. You can spend almost double on your clinical program in Australia and recover up to 43.5 cents for every dollar spent.
Learn about the benefits of the R&D Tax Incentive, what it is and who should apply, through this short animation video.
Speedy start-up and fast
A distinct advantage to conducting clinical research in Australia is the expeditious regulatory environment:
- Clinical trials can start without having an IND, saving up to a year in regulatory timelines and considerable costs.
- Australia’s TGA requires only notification of trials and defers responsibility to the HREC (IRB) resulting in faster start-up.
- Medical device trials in NZ only require HREC/IRB approval.
- Full GMP material is not mandated for Phase I clinical trials.
All the above means study start and the Site Initiation Visit (SIV) can be achieved in 5-6 weeks.
We act as your
The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) mandates that an Australian entity sponsor all clinical trials.
NTA can act on your behalf as the local Australian sponsor for overseas entities and be responsible for:
- Site contractual arrangements
- Indemnity and site payments
- Financial disclosures
- Source competitive clinical trial insurances
- Safety reporting to the TGA